Monday, October 5, 2009

No news is good news (from Joan)

Hello everyone!
My mom has been bugging me about posting something on our blog. She says it's been a long time since I updated everyone on how I was doing. Well, I'm glad to say that I'm doing very well. We both had a check-up at Stanford last Monday and passed with flying colors. My mom has another appointment in two weeks and then we both don't go back until January! I think she is busy planning a long-awaited trip during that time that she's free from appointments.

I'm pretty much back to life-as-usual. Still working back into the stamina of my gym workouts, but day-to-day life is back on track. The only kidney-related bad news is that my 17 year old cat, Bart, died last month of kidney failure. He was a great cat and a wonderful companion and is very greatly missed. (Apparently, according to my vet, they actually do feline kidney transplants, but I think that was a bit extreme for such an old cat!)


I'm making my first post-transplant trip this month. I'll be visiting my friend Holley and her family on Vancouver Island in Canada. I'm looking forward to some chilly fall weather!

Happy fall to everyone! Hope you are all enjoying this season of abundance and thankfulness.

God Bless!

Joan


1 comment:

  1. Joan,

    I'm sad to hear about sweet Bart. I have such fond memories of this ball of fluff when I stayed at your place to prepare for my comps!

    On the other hand, I'm thrilled to hear that you and your Mom are doing so well and that you will resuming your travels. I hope to see you soon as Sarah and I plan a trip to the Central Coast.

    Hugs,

    Maria

    ReplyDelete